Haven't planned dinner for the family yet? No problem, you're covered with this quick and easy baked eggplant recipe. Take a look:
Ingredients:- 2 medium size eggplants
- 3 cups Drum Rock Products Fis Chic
- 1/4 cup Drum Rock Products Spicey Fry
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/8 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 4 eggs
- non stick olive oil spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with non stick cooking oil.
2. Peel eggplant and slice to about 1/4 inch thick pieces
3. Individually salt the eggplant pieces. This will help to ensure the eggplant is not bitter. To salt, hold the eggplant over a bowl or plate and salt both sides. Once all eggplant is salted, let sit for 20 minutes.
4. Wash salt off the eggplant under running water and place the eggplant on paper towels to drain.
5. While the eggplant is draining, combine the Fis Chic, Spicey Fry, bread crumbs, and grated cheese in a large bowl. Keep in mind the eggplant will be dipped into this bowl, so a longer container may work better depending on the size of your eggplant. In a separate bowl, whisk four eggs to make your egg wash.
6. Take each slice of eggplant and dip first into the egg wash, allowing it to drip before placing it into the dry mix bowl. Cover with dry mix completely, then place the coated eggplant onto the cooking sheet. Repeat until the cooking sheet is full. (You will have to repeat this process once the first tray comes out of the oven.
7. Spray the tops of the coated eggplant lightly with the cooking oil.
8. Bake in oven for 9 minutes, remove to flip the eggplant, then bake for another 9 minutes or until slightly crispy and golden brown.
9. Serve hot with sauce and cheese, or as desired.