Shall we begin?
Cinnamon Sugar Apple Fritters
- 2 apples
- Drum Rock Product's Fritter & Clam Cake Mix
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tbs butter
- oil to fry in
- ice cream scoop
- cinnamon sugar mixture for coating
1. With frying oil in the fryolator, heat to 350 degrees F
2. Cut two apples into small cubes. The recipe will only use 1 cup of these, but whatever is extra will make a great side, or can be mashed into applesauce.
4. In a bowl, combine 1 pound Drum Rock Product's Fritter & Clam Cake Mix, 1 cup water, and 1 cup of the apples and allow 15 minutes to rise.
5. Once the oil is up to temperature, we recommend using a #50 ice cream scoop to drop the mixture into the deep fryer. Scoop just to the top of the scoop, or the fritter will be too thick to cook properly.
6. Once one side beings to brown, turn the fritters gently to avoid having one light side. Once a golden brown is reached, drain on absorbent paper and cut one to make sure they are cooked all the way through before serving.
7. Optional but recommended: Dip the cooked fritters into a cinnamon sugar mixture until coated.