Fried Mac and Cheese Balls
Ingredients:- 3 1/4 cups Drum Rock Products Fis-Chic
- 2 cups water
- 2 boxes macaroni and cheese
- oil to fry in
1. Prepare the 2 boxes of macaroni and cheese as described on the box. (If you're feeling ambitious, here are some great recipes for homemade mac and cheese)
2. Put finished macaroni and cheese into fridge to cool for at least 2 hours.
3. On cookie sheets lined with wax paper, press macaroni into meatball size balls. Put into freezer and leave overnight.
4. Put oil in fryolator and heat to 350 degrees F.
5. In one bowl, combine 1 1/4 cups of Drum Rock Fis-Chic and 2 cups water. In a separate bowl, scoop 2 cups of Drum Rock Fis-Chic. The first bowl will be your wash and the second will be your breader.
6. Making sure to keep the pasta in the freezer until the last second, dip the individual balls of mac and cheese first into the wash, and then into the breader. Make sure to let the wash drip before transferring to the breader.
7. Place carefully into the fryolator and let cook until golden brown, or about 3 to 4 minutes. About half way through the cooking time, flip the ball of pasta over in the oil using a utensil.
8. Set on paper towels to drain, and serve hot
Suggested dipping sauces: Marinara, Salsa, and anything else you can come up with! Let us know your favorite combinations!