Today, we’re going to show you how to use Drum Rock Products Fis-Chic to add a delicious kick to an old Southern classic – the fried green tomato.
Fried Green Tomatoes
- 4 Medium-sized green tomatoes
- Drum Rock Products Fis-Chic
- 2 mixing bowls
- Frying Oil
1. Fill fryolator with oil and turn to 375 degrees F.
2. While waiting for the oil to heat, cut the tomatoes into ¼- inch thick slices.
3. Next, in one bowl pour a generous amount of Fis-Chic, and in the other pour two parts water and one part mix to equal the amount in the first bowl.
4. When the oil is up to temp, dip the tomato slices into the wet mixture. Once covered, allow to drip slightly before transferring it to the dry mixture. Coat the slices in the dry mixture, and then tap off any excess.
5. Take the tomato slices and very gently place into the fryolator. Cook for approximately 2 minutes, until both sides are golden brown. Let drain, and then dry on paper towel.
6. Allow to cool slightly before enjoying. Serves 4 to 6 people.
Fried Green Tomatoes are great on their own, but we think a little ranch dressing is the perfect cool compliment for dipping. And if you’re looking to dress-up a sandwich, they’re sure to add an unexpected crunch to your next BLT, burger, or chicken club.
So the next time you stop by your local farmer’s market, don’t just pass by those green tomatoes! Grab a few and give these delectable treats a try.
**Update: We found this great recipe for a Fried Green Tomato BLT. Give it a try next time you fry up some green tomatoes using Drum Rock's Fis-Chic!