Who doesn't appreciate a really good brownie from time to time? And can you think of a better way to up the yummy factor then wrapping that brownie in a warm and crispy coat of fried dough? Neither can we! That's why today we decided to bring you our latest idea for a creative dessert - Deep Fried Brownies.
Fresh from the oven brownies served with a tall glass of cold milk is one of life's greatest pleasures, especially if you're a self-proclaimed foodie, like us. We dreamed up this nugget of deliciousness during a serious chocolate craving, and we are quite pleased with the result. If you're a chocolate lover, too, then get on board and give this recipe a try. You won't be disappointed!!
- 1 pan of brownies (homemade or store-bought)
- 2-1/2 cups of Drum Rock Fis-Chic Wonder Batter
- 1 cup of water
- Oil for frying
- Chocolate syrup, powdered sugar, and/or whipped cream for garnish
1. Fill the fryolator with oil and turn to 375° F.
2. Cut the brownies so you have rectangular pieces that are approximately 1/2" wide by 1-1/2" long. (We cut the brownies shown below in half.)
3. To a large mixing bowl, add 2-1/2 cups of Fis-Chic and slowly stir in 1 cup of water. You may have to use more or less water until your batter reaches the desired consistency, which is that of a thick pancake batter.
4. Once oil is up to temp, coat a few pieces of brownie at a time in the batter, then carefully place (don't drop!) the brownie in the hot oil. You can fry in batches of 3 or 4 at a time, but don't overload the fryer.
5. Allow about 60 to 90 seconds to cook, and make sure to flip brownies over halfway through cooking so you get a nice golden brown on all sides. Once cooked, remove brownies and allow to cool slightly on a paper towel or plate.
We chose to drizzle our warm brownies with some chocolate sauce and dusted them with a little powdered sugar, but use your imagination as far as toppings go, because we're pretty sure there is no wrong way to top a fried brownie!
This is such a versatile dessert because you really can make or buy any kind of brownies you like. We chose plain and walnut brownies (and they turned out absolutely delicious, of course!) but we think they would be just as amazing with chocolate chip or butterscotch brownies, or even a really great blondie recipe!
These little squares of heaven smelled like they were fresh from the oven, and had that perfect ooey gooeyness about them that made them basically irresistible. Seriously, they were gone from sight almost as soon as they came out of the fryer! So, if you're looking for a creative idea for your next batch of brownies that will have everyone asking you to make another dozen, then we have the solution for you. Try frying them with Drum Rock, and you will have a great new recipe to keep on standby for years to come!